Walnut Pruning Field Meeting- March 10, 2011 at Nickels Soil Lab, Aubuckle
This field day demonstrated 3 year old hedgerow and conventional pruning methods. An overview of the two pruning trial that are testing heavily pruned, moderately pruned and un-pruned Chandler and Howard hedgerow.
Meeting Handouts and Trial Reports:
- 2011 Chandler Hedgerow Training and Pruning Trial Handout
- 2011 Howard Hedgerow Pruning Trial Handout
- Pruning tips for 1 & 2 year old walnut trees
Full Report on Chandler Hedgerow Pruning Trial:
SOLANO/YOLO WALNUT MEETING-Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Information covered at this meeting may be viewed by clicking on the links provided below.
- Replanting Walnut Without Soil Fumigation: Is This Possible? - Michael McKenry, UCCE Nematology Specialist, Kearney Ag Center
- Considerations When Replanting Walnuts Using Fumigants - Carolyn DeBuse Farm Advisor Solano & Yolo Counties
- Orchard Survey Results of Solano and Yolo County Growers 2008 - Carolyn DeBuse, UCCE Farm Advisor, Solano/Yolo Counties
- Thousand Canker Disease of Walnuts
- Walnut Marketing Board Update on the Industry - Dennis Balint, CEO/Executive Director & Jennifer Getz, Assistant Marketing Director, California Walnut Commission