Solano County 4-H Fashion Revue
Saturday, April 13, 2013
Community Presbyterian Church
2800 Georgia Street, Vallejo
Tuesday, April 2, 2013, by 5 p.m.
The Fashion Revue has entries and events for every member including boys and girls and fun for the whole family!
Schedule for the day:
|9:00 - 9:30||Registration|
|9:30 - 10:00||Participant/Family Orientation|
|9:30 - 10:00||Judges Orientation|
|9:30 - 10:00||Room Host Orientation|
|10:00 - 10:20||Participants Dress|
|10:30 - 12:15||Judging|
|10:30 - 12:15||Activities, games, judging contest,
Thank you cards for veterans
|12:15 - 1:00||Lunch|
|1:00 - 1:30||Participants line up for Fashion Show|
|1:30||Fashion Show and Awards|
Participants may enter as many categories as they like.
Fashion Revue Rubric Scorecards for 2013 - 2013 Solano County Rubrics PDF
Who is Eligible?
Any 4-H member age 5-19. Entries in the Traditional category and 2 Yard Wonder Challenge must be in a Clothing and Textile Project. Primary members ages 5-8 (K-3) will not be judged, but will receive a participation ribbon.
How to Register
Register at the link below as well as following the instructions and mailing in the required pictures and documentation.
Categories Required Forms:
- Fashion Revue 2013 Consumer Science-Purchased MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Consumer Science-Purchased PDF
- Fashion Revue 2013 Jewelry MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Jewelry PDF
- Fashion Revue 2013 Non-Wearable MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Non-Wearable PDF
- Fashion Revue 2013 Non-Wearable-Quilting MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Non-Wearable-Quilting PDF
- Fashion Revue 2013 Traditional MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Traditional PDF
- Fashion Revue 2013 Wearable Art-Embellished MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Wearable Art-Embellished PDF
- Fashion Revue 2013 Wearable Art-Needlework MS Word
- Fashion Revue 2013 Wearable Art-Needlework PDF
Categories - Challenges Required Forms:
- Deadline for online registration is Tuesday, April 2, 2013, by 5 p.m.. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Mailed pictures and documentation must be postmarked by Tuesday, April 2, 2013, by 5 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- California State Fashion Revue Manual 2012 contains complete information for the 2013 state event including the new rubric scorecards. Counties, project leaders, members, and families are encouraged to download and read the manual.
- Consumer-Science Purchased
- Wearable Arts-Embellished
- Wearable Arts-Needle Arts
- Non-Wearable Item
- Non-Wearable Item-Quilting
Categories - Challenges
- 2 Yard Wonder is a Challenge category: using a 2 yard length of 100% cotton woven fabric, 44/45" wide, sew a garment and an accessory. You can use less fabric but not more for the garment and accessory. There is no specific pattern requirement. Additional garments to complete the outfit may be sewn or purchased. Take a "before" photo of the member holding the piece of fabric and an "after" photo wearing the outfit. The entry must be sewn by the member as part of his/her 4-H Clothing & Textiles project.
- Duct Tape Challenge: Create a wearable garment out of duct tape such as a jacket, shirt, pants, skirt or dress. The member may choose to begin with a purchased garment or not. Additional garments, accessories, fabric and materials may be added.
- Duct Tape Challenge additional information:
- Can the duct tape garment start with a purchased garment? Answer: Yes
- Can a purchased garment be covered with duct tape? Answer: Yes
- What percentage of the purchased garment has to be covered with duct tape? Answer: No percentage is given in the rules. Think about the intent of the category… a garment created out of duct tape isn’t something that has just been decorated with duct tape, it is actually made out of duct tape.
- Do the buttons need to be made of duct tape? Answer: The duct tape garment needs to be wearable so the member should be able to get it on and off. Like any other garment, think of fasteners as functional and decorative.
- Can the duct tape garment have fabric showing? Answer: Think of this as a garment made of duct tape rather than a garment made of fabric with duct tape decorations.
- Will a garment that isn’t 100% duct tape be disqualified? Answer: The entry committee will not disqualify garments that are made out of duct tape as long as they meet the 4-H modesty guidelines.
- How is this category judged? Answer: Read the category description and the rubric for the Duct Tape Challenge. Then think what a judge might look for. The most important criteria is creative use of duct tape to make a wearable garment. Then consider the other garments and accessories that make up the outfit. Think about how duct tape can be incorporated into other pieces as well for a cohesive look.
- A Zoo of Hugs - a small stuffed animal.
- Drawstring Bag Service Project
- Little Dresses & Shorts for Africa Service Project
Little Dresses for Africa Pattern A resource for sewing the Little Dresses is Leisure Arts - Quick & Easy Dresses to Sew
Adult Judges, Adult Helpers and Youth Helpers
Registration deadline: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, by 5 p.m.
1 Adult Judge and 1 Adult/Youth Helper are required for every 5 category entries.
Youth Helpers must be in 7th grade or above.
Please use the link below to register as a Judge or Helper.
Need more Information?
Contact Sharon Payne at email@example.com
THE MILLION PILLOWCASE PROJECT
Pictures of the pillow cases from the 2012 Solano County 4-H Fashion Revue